Friday, October 22, 2010

CHANGING PRIORITES

Commonwealth games brought immense pride to our country….38 gold…

27 silver…36 bronze medals…and yes who can forget the pomp and show…

lavish ceremony…corruption…allegations, amidst it brought a relaxation

time for the delhites, especially the students, as all the schools and colleges

of the region were off.

Me being from Kanpur, was very excited to go to my home for the 15 days

long vacation, after a month of joining mbicem…there were bunch of

feelings inside my heart along with lot of excitement. I was dying to

meet my family…relatives…frnds…and was delighted to meet them.

It’s a wonderful feeling to be at home for a person like me who has

never lived alone, independently.

15 days….i spent time wid family, relaxed…slept late….woke up

late…hanged out wid frnds…and every kind of enjoyable stuff

that I could possibly do…but yes friends were tower above the

family…I used to spend more time at my friend’s place rather

than my own home. My mom even use to pull my leg by saying

that I should rent a hotel because I am hardly at home.

But between all the enjoyment if something awful happens, it really

spoils one’s frame of mind…and same happened with me…my dad

and brother fell severely ill and all my attention from my pleasures

was diverted towards them…now all my time was spent caring and

nursing them along my mother.

This experience of mine taught me that how priorities in our life

tend to change so frequently…from family to friends and friends

to family.

As the holidays were nearly ending I remembered that we were

even given some assignments to complete…yes those assignments

which I had completely forgotten…but even after that I was not

able to make up my mind to actually start them...the only work bein

g done was downloading the questions from the internet and asking

every friend on phone and facebook whether anyone had made the

move to start them…after all the discussion I finally started the work

…again my priority changed…this time from ailing family members

to studies.

Of all the time I spent in Kanpur…with my family…friends. Caring

for dad and brother...doing the assignments, I was constantly missing

something…there was a kind of incompleteness I used to feel…

sooner or later I realized that it was ‘delhi’, that I was missing,

my college, my new friends…my pg mates… the crowd…the

constant trips to select city walk and lemon sole…I was missing

them all. Just in a month I had become so close to this new city

and new people.

I was accustomed to the environment…traveling…traffic…and

was seriously enjoying it.

Usually when we start leaving any place we become nostalgic

and don’t feel like leaving it. Take it my case, as my days in

Kanpur were ending, I was missing Delhi more and more and

was very enthusiastic and excited to come back.

This time there was a huge transition in my life…that my

priority changed from ‘Kanpur’ to ‘Delhi’.

No comments:

Post a Comment